8 week course with Jo Wilcox
Suitable for mother's with babies age 3 months to pre-crawling.
Thursdays, 11am - 12pm, starts 2nd February
Course Fee: $128
Booking essential as limited to 8 spaces.
Contact Jo for more info: breatheyogaNZ@gmail.com or 021 170 9495
At Riverside Centre
A baby centred environment for you to share the joys of yoga with your baby and connect with other like-minded mums. A safe, supportive and non-judgemental space.
A gentle and beneficial class which can offer calm and a sense of well-being, helping mothers to improve and stabilise their emotional health, rebuild weakened pelvic floor, strengthen the abdominal muscles and alleviate back and neck pain. A space to breathe, relax and take time for yourself and your baby.
The many benefits of Postnatal Yoga include :
- Bonding: You will gain confidence in handling and communicating with your baby while enjoying postures that are beneficial for you both.
- Increases strength & mobility: Yoga is a great way to gently introduce the body to exercise again post pregnancy. It will gently strengthen and tone the muscles, building abdominal strength, working the pelvic floor while reducing tightness and tension in all areas of the body.
- Socialising: You can meet and interact with other mums and babies in your area - a great opportunity to share tips and make new friends.
- Breathing /relaxation skills: Yoga classes can help you learn breathing and relaxation techniques to keep you calm and centred, helping you to relax your mind and body - ultimately promoting better sleep for you and your baby. Restorative yoga and guided relaxation to help you take that much needed time to reset.
- Playtime: Yoga classes create a special place for you and your baby to play and interact using sound, rhymes, singing and movement.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post's content are those of the facilitator/event organiser and do not necessarily reflect Riverside Community Trust Board's official position and policy. Please contact the facilitator directly for all questions regarding this post's content.