Organised by Riverside Education
With Robina McCurdy
Sunday, 25th August, 10am - 4.30pm
At Riverside Community
$40 per participant
For more info and to, please contact Tanja: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abundance! Bountiful food garden design!
In this interactive hands-on workshop we will learn how to:
* apply permaculture and organic principles to garden design
* select the best site for a garden
* test and improve the soil
* work with several methods of garden preparation
* develop planting patterns for optimal yield
* provide for watering needs efficiently
* effectively utilise Nelson Region's Seasonal Calendar
Robina has been a Permaculture educator and home garden consultant for the past 30 years. She is an avid home gardener and a designer-implementer of many school gardens and community gardens around the country. When she was co-ordinator of the Victory Community Gardens in Nelson, she wrote the 'Grow It' handouts series, which will be used during the workshop.
This event is proudly sponsored by Riverside Community Trust Board.